I intend to chronicle anything I want to right here. I'll write about everything from DIY to motherhood, from pet-peeves to recipes and restaurant reviews, from travel to finances. Basically I get to do what I want and not feel bad about it. I like that. Join in if you want, or don't, it's up to you. If you choose to stick around I promise that you will see the following things
- Parentheses - If you don't like them (who doesn't?!), you should head out now.
- Words that aren't really words - Ohmygosh, they are so perfect for certain situations.
- My warped sense of humor - It's best not to hide the crazy, just embrace it.
- My opinions - I think this goes without saying? I welcome dialogue as long as we are all kind.
- Mostly proper grammar and spelling - Oxford commas will be a thing here. I'm just saying.
- Posts with pictures - They're so much more fun to read, aren't they?
- Posts without pictures - They're easier to write and I am going to be a new mom. Deal with it.
- Posts about whatevertheheck I want. Including but not limited to everything mentioned above (food, travel, mommmyhood, DIY, people who pick their nose, etc.).
What you will NOT see here:
- Any advertisements for my business, should I ever choose to have one. This is a place for friends, and it irks me when people try to sell you stuff (See? Here come my opinions and parentheses!)
- Graphic or inappropriate content. Unless my ranting about a visit to the DMV qualifies as graphic or inappropriate... There's a chance.
- A cute website, at least for now. I'm working on it behind the scenes, but it's low on the priority list. Somewhere between running a new 20amp electrical line to my microwave and painting my toes again before I give birth. So, be patient. Suggestions (or offers of your free web-design services) are welcome.
This is our real life, and you can watch it happen in all its craziness and glory right here. We live on a large plot of land in the middle of a densely populated college town, hence the name: An Urban Acre. All of our adventures living here will be right on this little blog. If you're choosing to stick around, then great, click "follow" or "join this site" off on the right sidebar and I'll see you soon!